Many cleaning companies only remove surface dirt and look to cover up bad smells. Then there are professional cleaning companies that work to leave your office in immaculate condition by deep cleaning to remove hidden bacteria and more. Obviously, as a business hiring cleaning services, you would prefer a much more detail-oriented company. After all, you want a company that is going to go above and beyond its duties to ensure that you have optimal cleanliness and a healthy environment for your workforce and customers.
Choosing the right cleaning company really comes down to figuring out which one is going to offer you the most value. Because the health, wellness, and productivity of your workforce are at stake, finding a company that offers comprehensive cleaning solutions is important.
Janitorial Office Cleaning Checklist
Area 1: Main Areas In Office, Lobbies, and Conference Rooms
The actual workspace is typically where the majority of the business activities are taking place which is why you want to ensure that this area is both well maintained and organized. Otherwise, productivity can be easily compromised. Below are some of the different things that good cleaning companies can offer in a space that is heavily trafficked by your workforce on a daily basis:
- Drinking fountains have to be both disinfected and cleaned. While a lot of people in the workforce tend to bring their own water bottles to the office, many do use drinking fountains which can be host to a lot of different and dangerous germs and bacteria.
- Empty out all of the trash bins and replace all of the liners. Clean out the trash cans and ensuring that the container doesn’t have excess trash, grime, or particles that have been stuck to the exterior.
- Dust all furniture and upholstery including but not limited to desks, chairs, pictures, ledges, and more. Excess dust in the office can pollute the air and cause allergic reactions in those that suffer from allergies to dust. Therefore, it is very important to ensure that your office is regularly cleaned to minimize dust buildup.
- Spot clean both wall switches and door frames which are areas a lot of employees might touch.
Office Doors, Windows, and Floors
Both dirt and grime often go unnoticed in some of the more high-traffic areas of the office. Because a lot of people are constantly walking around and using these areas, these areas are a high priority to keep clean.
Glass doors need to be cleaned using a cleaning solution specially designed for glass cleaning. The handles of the doors must be wipe down and thoroughly sanitized to ensure that any bacteria and viruses present on them are eliminated regularly.
Professional cleaners will utilize glass cleaning solutions optimized for cleaning glass which can eliminate both smudges and water spots. During this process, a soft and non-scratch cloth will be used to avoid damaging or scratching the glass. Special tools like squeegees will be used to ensure the glass is cleaned end-to-end. Likewise, any cobwebs from window frames or pole rods will be removed and the windows will be thoroughly wiped down to remove dust buildup.
Floors will be cleaned using various tools that are designed for the specific floor that the office has whether it be the wood floor, tiles, carpets, or anything else. In the case of carpets, floors will be vacuumed, any stains will be removed, and the carpets will be left softer and smelling new.
Area 2: The Kitchen
Your entire workforce will be regularly visiting the kitchen during the workday for their regular and much-deserved lunch break. Likewise, this is a place they are going to be going to eat. Therefore, you need to ensure that this area is completely cleaned and spotless for their health and satisfaction. Professional cleaners will keep this area as clean as possible by doing the following:
- Scrubbing the sink to ensure there is no build-up of grime, grease, or bacteria. The entire area will be disinfected including the counter-tops, the sink, the faucets, and more.
- All leftover food particles and litter found on the tables will be removed and discarded. Abrasive sponges will be used to remove any and all stains and the tables should be sprayed and wiped down with disinfectant.
- All chairs should be cleaned using disinfectant as they will often be used and touched.
Refrigerator – The fridge is one of the most used and most full of bacteria. This is especially true when it comes to the handle of it. The exterior of the fridge should be wiped down regularly with antibacterial solutions.
Microwave – This is another appliance that is often used and that has a lot of bacteria on it because of it. The exterior of the microwave, particularly the handle, should be wiped down with antibacterial solutions or disinfectants.
All of the floors in the kitchen and the break-room should be swept and/or moped.
Area 3: The Bathrooms
This happens to be the dirtiest room in your entire office. Because of this, you should give these rooms special attention when it comes to keeping it clean. The cleanliness of your bathrooms can be a direct reflection of your business. Therefore, you want to ensure they are clean at all times.
- You will need to have all of the toilets and the urinals found in your bathrooms scrubbed and disinfected. Everything needs to be wiped down including the tank lever.
- All of the stall walls should be wiped down thoroughly and disinfected.
- All trash cans should be emptied and the liner should be replaced when completed.
- All sinks should be properly sanitized and scrubbed down with disinfectant.
- Soap dispensers should be refilled to allow your employees to properly wash their hands. You will want to wipe down all of the soap dispenser’s exterior with disinfectant.
- Clean and/or mop the floor with disinfectant to ensure that it is free of bacteria and viruses.
- Remove any stains or buildup on the mirrors with a glass cleaning solution.
A good reminder: Different cleaning approaches will need to be made based on the type of office. That being said, all of the above practices are the basic tasks a professional cleaning company should provide when they are offering comprehensive cleaning services. If you happen to have an office with either Lego towers or even a grand piano, we can effectively clean them, as well.
We work hard to clean your office from end to end in order to ensure that you are providing a clean, spotless, and sanitary workplace for your employees and customers. We even use special lights to ensure that your office is actually clean.
You can contact us today in order to learn more about our professional cleaning services. We would love to show you what makes our company stand out from the rest of the crowd.